Chance to Shine is a national charity working alongside the 39 County Cricket Boards in England and Wales to provide children with a fantastic first experience of cricket.
As well as the physical benefits of regular activity, the Chance to Shine programme also teaches important life skills that will support children beyond the playground. Through the values of cricket, children learn about respect and fair play and the programme helps them to develop communication and leadership skills that will benefit them throughout their life.
In Cheshire, our team of experienced coaches deliver the Chance to Shine programme throughout the academic year, with pupils from Reception through to Year 6 all benefitting from fun, inclusive sessions. The aim is to develop to a culture of cricket within each school, with bespoke teacher training modules for staff and opportunities for children to compete in local competitions. Those with a real passion for the game are signposted to local clubs to continue their cricketing journey. Chance to Shine coaching is FREE to all Cheshire schools, and our offer is made up of the following:
Whole School Programme - Half-term offer (6-week offer) including:
- Inspire - Introduction to the Chance to Shine Programme and free online teacher portal
- Play - Practical lessons learning the fundamentals of cricket as well as developing social skills such as teamwork and communication
- Lead - Help teachers and young leaders develop confidence to deliver cricket lessons in their school
- Compete - Put your skills to the test! Opportunities to take part in intra and inter-school competitions as well as personal best skills days
- Pathway - Promote extra-curricular cricket activities to parents and children
- Learn - A chance to take cricket inside the classroom with fun English and maths lessons based around the game
Engagement Day – A ‘whole school’ fun day, including:
- Inspire - Introduction to cricket and sign up to free online teacher portal
- Play - Taster sessions delivered throughout the day giving a fun first experience of cricket
- Compete - Time to have a go! A Chance to Shine personal best competition
- Pathway - Opportunities to interact with parents to promote local clubs and groups
Is your school interested in the Chance to Shine programme? For more information please contact CCB Chance to Shine / Schools Lead Mark Greaves